Apply for Thousands of Dollars in Scholarships for Rural Healthcare
What do you think of getting a college education and letting someone else pay for it? In rural healthcare, that kind of dream is a potential reality. Competent workers in the healthcare industry are in such short supply in rural areas that employers and organizations are willing to pay $1000 or more monthly for your living expenses while you go back to school.
If you’re not afraid to relocate to a rural area to apply your healthcare education, consider checking out the following places for scholarship and grant listings:
- The Rural Recruitment and Retention Network
- The National Rural Health Association
- The Rural Information Center
- The Rural Assistance Center
- The National Health Service Corps
- Any State Department of Health
These programs are wonderful not only because they help prospective students pursue education with little expense, but also for their opportunity to let you assist others in need that might not have access to health care locally.
Rural hospitals are responsible for the health care services of almost 54 million people nationally. Due to a sustained workforce shortage and rising health care liability premiums, rural hospitals struggle to maintain healthy lifestyles for this dispersed and yet significant portion of our population.
- Are a small size and are pressured the most by loss of medical workers or funds
- Have a higher percentage of Medicare patients due to rural populations typically being older than urban populations
- Are dramatically affected by the increasing aging population that is spiking the healthcare industry’s demand
Consider contributing to bettering our rural population while pursuing your healthcare education by pursuing grants and scholarships designed for rural healthcare.