The healthcare industry is one of the fastest growing and most lucrative fields to be employed in, with demand skyrocketing and the opportunities for qualified healthcare professionals growing every day. A degree or qualification in healthcare can help you enter this booming field and embark on a thoroughly rewarding and prosperous career.
However, taking the first step onto the healthcare career ladder isn’t easy, as courses can be expensive and time-consuming. Fortunately, a variety of fully accredited and nationally recognized universities and career colleges now offer online healthcare programs and degrees at an affordable price. Online students have the benefits of being able to work from their home and at their own pace, meaning that their studies won’t have to interfere with day jobs, family commitments or other responsibilities.
To help you find the best higher education opportunities, our team at HealthcareColleges.net has rounded up 25 of the best online healthcare colleges, based on their reputation, credentials, affordability and the quality and variety of healthcare related programs that they offer. Find the perfect healthcare program for you from one of our Top 25 Healthcare Colleges below.
The 25 Top Online Healthcare Colleges
- Robert Morris University – Robert Morris University is a nationally recognized university that offers fully accredited online courses. RMU designs its online programs to match the highly competitive and challenging standards of their non-online courses. Therefore, graduating students are well equipped to tackle the workforce with the confidence of knowing that they have received a highly respected education and qualification. Available online healthcare programs include an MS in Nursing Education and a BS in Health Services Administration. These programs are accredited by national academic bodies and can be taken on either a full or part-time basis
- University of Illinois at Chicago – The University of Illinois at Chicago is revered for being one of the top public universities in the country. UIC Online has a long history of providing access to quality online education and maintains the prestigious education that is found at UIC’s non-online programs. This online component of the University of Illinois at Chicago offers multiple online healthcare programs, such as their Health Information Management IBHE Certificate or their Master of Science in Informatics. Fully accredited and led by esteemed faculty, the University of Illinois at Chicago offers a top education from the comfort of the student’s home.
- Arizona State University Online – Arizona State University continually ranks as one of the top universities in the country and its online programs are taught by the same faculty and with the same content as to be found on their campuses. Students at ASU Online will graduate with the security of having a degree from a nationally recognized and respected institution. The school offers a wide range of online healthcare programs to choose from, including a BA in Health Sciences, a BS in Nursing and a Doctor of Behavioral Health. As an online student, students can enjoy low tuition rates and the convenience of six start dates throughout the year for its online programs.
- Keiser University / Keiser eCampus – Keiser University & Keiser’s eCampus Online offer on campus and online course. Keiser’s students enjoy the convenience of not having to juggle multiple classes simultaneously or having to sacrifice other commitments such as work and family. Various healthcare programs are available such as an AA in health services administration, AS in medical assisting, BS in Health Sciences and a M.S.N in Nursing. Keiser’s healthcare programs are individually accredited by health related accrediting associations, so students will earn a healthcare qualification that is official, authentic and highly marketable.
- California InterContinental University – Cal University is a fully accredited online university that prides itself in providing innovative online programs for future business and healthcare professionals. The school boasts an impressive 72% graduation rate for the year of 2011, along with exceptionally affordable tuition rates. Cal University’s signature healthcare program is their MBA in Healthcare Management and Leadership. All courses are taught by distinguished experts in their field.
- University of the Southwest – University of the Southwest has a renowned reputation for being at the forefront of distance education. Placing just as much attention and importance in online students as in traditional students promises that USW’s distance learners will receive a highly individualized education. The University of the Southwest offers an online Master’s of Science in Education Mental Health counseling and a Bachelor of Business Administration in Healthcare Management.
- Ashford University – Ashford University regularly ranks as a top online university and has a plethora of healthcare degrees and programs to choose from. Notable programs include their BA in Health Care Studies, BA in Adult Development and Masters of Arts in Health Care Administration. Students at Ashford University receive can be proud to receive their online education from one of the most globally respected online institutions in the world.
- University of the Rockies – University of the Rockies prides itself as being a leader in graduate studies, with programs offered both online and on campus. Online students can enjoy very reasonable tuition benefits and be secure in knowing that the University of the Rockies is accredited by multiple academic bodies and associations. Health related online programs available include a Masters of Arts in Psychology and a Doctor of Psychology with a wide range of health specializations, like Mental Health Administration and Health and Wellness Psychology.
- Brookline College – Brookline College is an accredited vocational school that trains its students to be well equipped for their chosen profession. With a firmly established online division, Brookline’s online students enjoy access to 24/7 technical support as well as the school’s online library and resources. Online healthcare courses include a Master of Science Degree in Nursing and a Diploma in Medical Insurance Billing and Coding.
- Miller-Motte College – Miller-Motte’s online division not only provides an excellent online education to its students, but also an in depth training and preparation program for their future careers. Miller Motte College offers extensive career services that both traditional and online students can utilize. Multiple 100% online healthcare programs are available here, such as an Associate of Applied Science Online Degree Program in Electronic Medical Records and an Allied Health Management Degree.
- Beckfield College – Beckfield College is a career college with a promising slogan of “Small Campus Feel…Online Convenience.” The school offers a wide variety of healthcare related courses, from an Associates in Applied Science in Health Science Administration to a Diploma in Medical Assisting.
- CCSD – California College San Diego offers numerous healthcare certifications and qualifications, including a Bachelor of Science Completion in Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management, Master of Science in Nursing Administration and a Master of Science in Nursing Education. Students benefit from the flexible nature and structure of CCSD’s online programs, allowing them to earn their degrees in a flexible format.
- APOU – Azusa Pacific Online University is a fully accredited school providing education programs taught with a Christian Worldview. APOU’s students receive a high quality online education that integrates their core Christian values and views. APOU’s current healthcare programs include an Associate of Science in Health Sciences and a Pre-Nursing Health Certificate.
- College America – College America has been helping its students train for their chosen professions since 1964. The school offers a host of healthcare related online programs at the associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degree level. Standout programs include their Associates Degree in Medical Specialties, a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Administration and a Master’s Degree in Nursing Administration.
- Brandman University – Brandman University is part of the prestigious Chapman University System and offers several exclusively online programs in the healthcare field. These include an Undergraduate Certificate in Health and Wellness, an MBA Business Administration in Health Administration and a Post Doctoral Certificate in Adult Primary Care NP. Brandman’s online students receive an exceptional education from a respected institution. The school’s programs thoroughly equip its students for their chosen profession.
- CHCP – The College of Health Care Professions is dedicated to providing the very best training for future health care professionals. The school currently offers two healthcare related programs; a Health Information Technology Certificate Program and a Health Information Technology Management Associates Program. CHCP readjusts its syllabus and teaching plans every semester to meet the ever changing demands of the healthcare industry, so be sure to check back for future updates to their course offerings.
- Ultimate Medical Academy – Ultimate Medical Academy’s online division offers a broad array in healthcare industry vocational degrees and training programs. Their highly affordable online programs encourage student success by providing full access to career services resrouces where students can apply for jobs, get career guidance and attend valuable networking events.
- Drexel Online University – Drexel Online University is the online component of the prestigious Drexel University, a school that consistently ranks as a top college both nationally and internationally. A host of innovative healthcare-related programs are available online here, such as an MBA in Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Management or a BS in Health Services Administration.
- Carrington College – CC focuses on training professionals for the healthcare industry, offering an online Associate degree in Health Care Administration as well as in Health Information Technology. Because it’s affordable and provides a flexible class schedule, Carrington College is an ideal choice for those looking to complete an online associate degree in the healthcare field.
- Kaplan University – Kaplan offers predominantly distant learning courses and has a global reputation for providing excellent health care programs. Available healthcare programs include a Master of Science in Health Education, a Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness and an Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting.
- Virginia College – Virginia College has both in-person and online programs geared towards training its students for their desired professions. Health related programs include an online Associate degree in Healthcare Reimbursement and a Master of Business Administration – Healthcare.
- DeVry University – DeVry has over 90 campuses across America and provides both in-person and online programs. Online health programs range from associate to bachelor degrees and include innovative programs such as an Associate degree in Health Information Technology and a Bachelors degree program in Healthcare Informatics.
- Capella University – Capella is an exclusively online school that boasts a huge range of health specialization degrees to choose from. Students can study for certificates, bachelors, masters, MBA’s and doctorates degrees from throughout the healthcare industry. Capella’s students graduate with the security of knowing that their school is both fully accredited and also in command of an excellent reputation.
- Liberty University Online – Liberty University Online hails itself as the largest, non-profit online university. Liberty offers a substantial number of online healthcare related programs. Students can enjoy low tuition rates as well as exciting programs like their Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Healthcare Administration or the Master of Public Health in Nutrition.
- Ivy Bridge College – Ivy Bridge College is part of the prestigious Tiffin University system. The school offers a 100% online Associate degree in Healthcare Administration. Each of Ivy Bridge’s students are assigned a Success Coach to help them reach their educational goals, and especially to help them through the process of transferring to a four-year school of their choice. A student at Ivy Bridge College not only receives a topnotch education, but also has the benefits of knowing that their college is dedicated to helping them achieve success by transferring to top rated schools throughout the country.
Top Healthcare Colleges – School Ranking Factors
Our list of the best online healthcare colleges was ranked based upon multiple factors, including:
1. Quality of Teaching
Every school featured on our list only hires the best in educational professionals. Students never have to worry about being taught by a master’s student or a teaching assistant at one of the above schools (as they might encounter at a regular brick and mortar school), as all of the school’s only hire professors that have many years of teaching experience behind them. What’s more, these schools usually hire professors that also have direct experience working in the field of healthcare themselves. Therefore, students studying at one of these schools can be rest assured that they are being taught by fully qualified professors that have both experience teaching and working in healthcare.
2. Program Flexibility
All of the above mentioned schools offer exclusively 100% online programs which makes them ideal for people with busy lifestyles. Students can enjoy the flexibility of furthering their education without having to give up their day job, as each listed program allows students to do their studies and homework at any time of the day. Students can thus study before or after work and at the weekends or even during their lunch hour. Many of the programs also offer flexible completion dates, so students can study at their own pace and graduate from their program when they feel they are ready to do so.
3. Accreditation Statements
Each school is fully accredited by respected and official academic bodies. This means that students who gain qualifications from any of the above mentioned institutions will have gained a qualification that is just as effective and authentic as a qualification earned form a brick-and-mortar school. Students graduating from one of these schools will just be marketable as a student that attended a traditional in-person school and their online education won’t affect their chances of gaining employment in their respected field.
4. Tuition Affordability
Students studying at any of the healthcare schools on our list will undoubtedly save a lot more money on their education than if they had attended a brick-and-mortar school. Not only are online education fees usually substantially lower than in-person school fees, but all of our listed schools offer generous financial aid programs as well as scholarship opportunities. What’s more, online students won’t necessarily have to give up their regular job to complete their education and will save additional money by not having to commute daily to class or seek extra accommodation such as a dorm room. All in all, completing a healthcare qualification online is very cost effective and shouldn’t leave the student in an overwhelming amount of debt.
What Are the Next Steps?
Use our list of top 25 online healthcare colleges to find the ideal healthcare program for you. Do some research and compare programs until you find the perfect fit. Contact admissions advisers at each of the schools you’re interested in to receive additional information about the specific programs, scholarships, discounts and other offerings at hand from each college.
Our team at HealthcareColleges.net wishes you the best in your healthcare school search. Good luck out there!